- Always store your jewelry in a clean, dry place. Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry cases or in a box with compartments and dividers to prevent pieces from scratching.
- Remove all jewelry before showering, cleaning, applying lotions, and sunscreen. These products cause a film to form on your jewelry, making it appear dull and dingy.
- After wearing your fine jewelry, wipe it down with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth. The will enhance the jewelry's luster and will ensure that it is clean before storage.
- Remove all jewelry before entering salt water, a hot tub or a swimming pool. Chlorine can damage and discolor metals such as gold platinum and sterling silver and can slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones.
- When using any type of jewelry cleaner, be sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Following these simple tips will keep your jewelry looking beautiful for years to come.